Thursday, April 20, 2017

The World of Doodles - Logan Smith

Using the „art” hashtag on Instagram is a good activity against boredom. You can find literally every style of visual arts but there are some real masterpieces out there deserve to be more famous than they actually are. 


Logan Smith's work for Dungeon Drawing Dudes 

We can find so much fine artists on platforms like Instagram, DeviantArt or even Facebook that we don’t have the time to pay attention to the most of them.


 Logan Smith, 29, has twin boys and a little girl with a full time job is a good example of the artists that are worth to be popular. Finding his Instagram accountdoodle_smitts” was a big and pleasant surprise. His art is so unique, so creative and fun it just sucked me in. 

  - Did you ever have an exhibition of your artworks? - We interviewed him via email to get to know him better, Logan kindly answered our questions. 

  - No, I've never really displayed my stuff anywhere or had a booth or anything like that. When I do get time to create stuff it's in the side room that we've turned into an art/music studio. Right now people can just message me through Instagram if they are interested in my artworks but I'm gonna have an Etsy link on there soon as well.

  His drawings, evoke the  atmosphere of Courage the Coward Dog, Adventure Time, SpongeBob Squarepants and all the cartoons with those „a bit scary but in a good way”-graphics made me feel nostalgic . Logan himself likes cartoons and comics as well, he picked Bill Watterson, creator of Calvin and Hobbes as his favourite artist.
Logan Smith -  Kenku Druid

  - Most of my inspiration comes from very random thoughts that just pop in my head I start sketching it as soon as I get grab a pad. I use a black brush pen and watercolors but I don't really follow the „manual” as far as my technique goes . - He continues - I never took art lessons, didn't even take art in high school. I started drawing pretty young but I've had large chunks where I didn't draw anything at all in my life, years,  couple of times.

Logan Smith - Spider Biker

 - What kind of circumstances are ideal for you to work?


  - I love deadlines actually, if I'm doing a drawing challenge or the rare commission the time crunch makes me do my best stuff. I also listen to music while drawing. - Reacting to the question which his favourite band is, he said: that's a tough one, like picking your favorite kid or something!

 - What is your purpose?


  - Sounds cliche but my family for sure, as far as goals I'd really like  to have a printing business and incorporate my own  designs and quit my day job one day.

One thing for sure: if Logan Smith would open an art gallery, it  would be worth to visit. 'Til then we  suggest all of you to take a look  at his Instagram gallery, where you can also order some of  his original works via direct message!


No comments:

Post a Comment