Wednesday, April 12, 2017

TOP 12 "Lullabies" You Might Not Know About

1. Low - Lullaby

"When you start enjoying depression"
"Definitely one of the most melancholic songs of all time."


2. Creed - Lullaby

"I don't need meds to sleep when I hear this."
"Nostalgic for sure. People love to make fun of Creed, but this is a great song."


3. Fightstar - Sleep Well Tonight

"I wish there was a "love" button. This song is stupidly amazing!"

4. Abel Korzeniowski - Come Gentle Night

"It actually was written for Romeo and Juliet! This one of the pieces from the 2013 movie, which Abel Korzeniowski scored. The entire soundtrack is beautiful and definitely worth the listen!"
"I close my eyes and see a dance on ice. An emotional dance upon the flawless surface of a frozen lake in late autumn."

5. The Decemberists - Sleepless

"Truly one of the greatest works of art I have ever beheld. Both musically and lyrically, a masterpiece. Beautifully melancholy and incredibly meaningful."
"One of their best, yet also one of their least known songs."


6. Brad White & Pierre Grill - Lullaby

"Now we see how peaceful and romantic life can really be..."
"I totally agree with you, it is a masterpiece."

7. Poets of the Fall - Sleep

"This song makes me think of classic Tim Burton movies like Edward Scissorhands and Corpse Bride. They contain a similar feeling of melancholy and beauty that this song embodies wonderfully."
"This group sings from deep within the depth of the heart and soul. They have embraced both the darkness and the light which surrounds them."



8. The Cure - Lullaby

"This video is when you take sleeping pills and don't fall asleep, like with me at this moment."
"26 years has passed since this video came up, and still creeps the hell out of a lot of people including me!"
"I think this song is about sleep paralysis."

9. Lilium - Sleep Inside

"Perfect song to die every night..."
"It sounds like a very sweet lullaby written for the souls in great pain, that need to go to sleep for a while and forget about everything."



10. The Dissociatives - Sleep Well Tonight

"I really like this song Daniel is such a lyrical genius with sucks a beautiful voice... weather is grunge or this he's the best at everything he does..."
"It's something in and of itself that he can hop genres and still make such amazing pieces."

11. Laura Veirs - The Sleeper in the Valley

"Knowing these are the words of Arthur Rimbaud makes me love this song even more. It is a lovely tribute."
"Grotesque and yet fused in an organized compartment within my soul."
"You know, I don't like very many female singers. I love Stevie Nicks and I used to love Jewel before she went all mainstream. But this girl is fantastic and this music is so serene and peaceful. I love it."

12. Cartell Burwell - Bella's Lullaby

"This two minute piece of music is better than all five movies out together."
"I swear this song will never get old."



Miss something from this list? Feel free to use the comment section!



*sources: youtube.com

1 comment: