Wednesday, April 19, 2017

The Rabbit Hole of Imagination - Manuel Mesones' Imaginarium

Manuel Mesones' Imaginarium is a dark place. And a magic place, an epic place and we could continue this list endlessly. "Manuel Mensones - Chasing dragons since 1973" - it says a lot about our next artist we take a closer look at.



"Regarding illustration, once I read: “The devil might be in the details, but so is the heart of a story”, I couldn’t agree more. My favourite subjects are sci-fi and dark, gritty, fantasy. My weapon of choice is the humble ballpoint pen for drawing and shading. I normally paint my illustrations digitally using a good old Wacom. Though I prefer sketching with pencil first to then scan my artwork into the computer." - introduces himself Manuel Mesones at his blog, and it describes his style perfectly, there are still no worlds to fully describe his artworks created in many styles.


This is not only us thinking he is multifarious. Looking at the comment section of his Facebook page said exactly what I was thinking. People used the words like weird, fantastic, cool, and dark multiple times, so many men, so many minds.

Let's stop here for a moment. In my opinion, his graphics are strongly evoking the style of comic books - but they are so much more. I really can't say that his Facebook profile is a simple gallery - it's an imaginarium! Dark cotton clouds with legendary dragons flying trough them, Zelda like characters fighting with thousand years old gold plated swords, travelling through maps from Lord of the Rings, meeting with the Avengers in the X-Men dimension. Does it sound weird? Sometimes less is more, but not here, not now.

Well, let's take a look at his works, but you need to know that you still haven't seen anything:









































It's your task to decide you like it or not. We just fell in love with Manuel Mesones fantasy world!
For more of his works, see his website here!

No comments:

Post a Comment