Sunday, May 21, 2017

Tripping Without Drugs Is Now Available For Everyone via Music

"And I don't know where to go For all my life I've been so close"



Glue Trip is not a usual name for a band. It's rather something you secretly do in the school restroom during a long break. Lucas Moura and Felipe Augusto added a totally new meaning to this phrase, creating psychedelic dream pop accompanied by beautiful lyrics.


Lucas Moura and Felipe Augusto in their masks
The name came from a friend of Lucas, who recorded a few songs but never showed them to anyone. Once he showed a couple of songs to a friend and after listening he told him that the music reminded him of some kind of “viagem de cola” (literally glue trip in Portuguese) so he started to use this translation.

Watching their video clips feels like you're high as hell; I can't even imagine what it feels like when you're literally high.


 "I came across this band when I smoked pot and couldn't get myself get over their music especially Lucid Dream and Elbow Pain."- says a fan of the duo. I'm not into drugs but lucid dreaming is absolutely my thing so I confirm and totally agree with him, especially when it comes to talk about the video of Elbow Pain which I highly recommend you to watch!

The animation of Elbow Pain is also called as Chimera - according to Greek mythology, a monstrous fire-breathing hybrid creature, composed of the parts of more than one animal. It is usually depicted as a lion, with the head of a goat arising from its back, and a tail that might end with a snake's head.

"I can say that is a now collective, cognitive. An interdimensional travel experience within all that we are.
How to see and live a life? How have the answer that none of the gods can have? We often do not know what it can really be
." - explains designer and illustrator Daniel Vincent editor and director of the music video of Elbow Pain, which was originally recorded on a pair of broken monitors.

Here's what people think about it:


"...how high you need to be to make a video like this?"

"I'm drunk as fuck and this is art. Even if I was sober, I'd consider this art. Keep doing you."

"I think the meaning of the visuals is waking up. Waking up and realizing how corrupt the world is. How wrong it is the way we live. As you can see, he wakes up with the third eye freaking out trying to make sure hes not crazy because he sees it all and no one else sees it. Truly amazing."


Watch the music video of Elbow Pain here:


*sources:
youtube.com/gluetrip
http://amusicblogyea.com/
wikipedia.org

No comments:

Post a Comment